Wirescan is the inventor and owner of the LIRA patent. We have the expertise in using the LIRA system and analyzing the LIRA cable data. Several of our customers that have adopted and have purchased the LIRA units, are using Wirescan to perform comprehensive and expert LIRA analysis of their cables. The expert analysis is performed on the customers LIRA measurements.
The Wirescan analysis provides the customers the correct cable condition analysis, and help the customers to understand and learn to perform their own analysis.
The extensive expert analysis is also provided during fault location processes, where the need for urgent detection and location of the fault is most needed to save time and money during the cable repair campaign.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Actionable input for asset management plans and maintenance strategy developments.
- Enables high availability at reduced total cost of ownership.
- Improved knowledge base enables reduced emergency repairs.
- Valuable input for network operation based on cable condition information.
- Additionally, consequence and necessary corrective action caused by accidental mechanical impact can be assessed more accurately by performing LIRA measurements to assess if the dielectric properties are changed.
- Best-in-class cable diagnostic system
- Sensitive to small degradation and defects
- Accurate Hot-Spots and deviations location
- Non-intrusive and non-destructive
- Applicable on multi-segment systems with different cable types
- Pre-study/simulation of cable data and defects
- Fast and simple connection to test object
- Only one access point needed
- “Zooming” feature to zoom in on the blind zone at the near end termination – at cable landfalls, in J-tubes, at subsea terminations, etc.
The condition assessment technology applies to:
- Transmission & Distribution Grid Owners
- On- and Offshore Wind Farm owners
- Subsea interconnector owners
- Export Cable Owners for Offshore Wind Farms
- Process Industry
- Power Cables and Umbilicals in Oil- and Gas Industry
- (Nuclear) Power Plants – I&C and Power Cables
- Cable Manufacturers – Reference Measurements – Quality Control